The weeks following Thanksgiving and leading up to Christmas are extra busy at Rumpke’s recycling centers. Our 10 recycling centers will see a 20 to 30 percent increase in the amount of material collected and processed. But remember, not everything St. Nick places under your tree is recyclable. Please take a moment to review our naughty and nice recycling list before tossing an item into your recycling container.
- Wrapping paper (not foil)
- Gift boxes
- Gift bags (not foil)
- Wrapping paper rolls (cardboard)
- Cardboard boxes
- Christmas cards and envelopes
- Newspapers and sales ads
- Junk mail
- Clean pizza boxes
- Paperboard (like cracker boxes)
- Plastic bottles and jugs
- Aluminum and steel food and drink cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Tissue paper
- Foil wrapping paper
- Plastic bags
- Plastic packaging
- Plastic toys
- Whipped topping and butter tubs
- Aluminum pie and roasting pans
- VHS tapes (when you upgrade to DVDs and Blue-Rays)
When in doubt – ask us! We’re on Facebook, on Twitter and would be happy to answer your questions.
About the Author: Molly Yeager is a corporate communications coordinator for Rumpke.