When you need to get rid of a large amount of debris and trash, renting a roll off dumpster makes things easier. Whether you’re doing a large scale home cleanup, preparing to move, doing major work on the yard
or conducting a large home project or construction project, having a large trash receptacle handy can make a huge difference.
Do You Have Lots of Junk to Get Rid Of?
Coping with trash and debris from a garage cleanout, landscape project, roof installation or other tasks can be overwhelming. It’s not always feasible to place large volumes of trash on the curb, and driving back and forth to the dump with loads of garbage is time-consuming and annoying.
Instead of dealing with those hassles, consider renting a roll-off dumpster for your next major home renovation or another project that will result in lots of unwanted junk. In Ohio
, West Virginia and Indiana
, Rumpke has you covered for roll-off dumpster rentals. Just tell us about your project, and we’ll recommend a suitable dumpster. We will also drop it off and pick it up, doing the heavy lifting for you.
Understanding Dumpster Sizes
If you need a dumpster for your home or business, you’re probably wondering, “What size dumpster do I need?”
First, it helps to understand the basics of how dumpsters are measured. In terms of volume, or the amount they can hold, dumpsters are measured in cubic yards. Typical volumes for dumpsters include 10 cubic yards, 20 cubic yards, 30 cubic yards and 40 cubic yards.
Dumpsters are also measured by their outside dimensions. That way, you can know the general footprint of the dumpster you’re renting ahead of time to ensure it will fit at the site.
Finally, dumpsters are measured based on the amount of weight they can hold. If you’ll be dealing with heavy debris like concrete, bricks, tree stumps and metal, it’s crucial to ensure that the dumpster you rent can accommodate the total weight of your debris.
Common Dumpster Sizes
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the most common dumpster sizes and their weight limits:
- 10-Yard Dumpster – This size measures around 14’ x 7.5’ x 3.5’ and can accommodate 4,000 to 6,000 pounds. It is equivalent to roughly four pickup truck loads and can hold around 60 standard trash bags.
- 15-Yard Dumpster – This size measures around 16’ x 7.5’ x 4.5’ and can accommodate 4,000 to 6,000 pounds. It is equivalent to approximately six pickup truck loads and can hold around 90 trash bags.
- 20-Yard Dumpster – This size measures approximately 22’ x 7.5’ x 4.5’ and can accommodate 4,000 to 6,000 pounds. It is equivalent to roughly eight pickup truck loads and can hold approximately 120 garbage bags.
- 30-Yard Dumpster – This size measures roughly 22’ x 7.5’ x 6’ and can accommodate 7,000 to 10,000 pounds. It is equivalent to approximately 12 pickup truck loads and can hold roughly 180 trash bags.
- 40-Yard Dumpster – This size measures around 22’ x 7.5’ x 8’ and can accommodate 10,000 to 12,000 pounds. It is equivalent to roughly 16 pickup truck loads and can hold around 240 garbage bags.
Factors to Consider When Choosing The Right Dumpster Size
Some factors to consider when looking for a roll-off dumpster rental include the following:
- Type of Debris – Is your debris mostly small, light items, or does it consist of large, bulky ones? Is it made up of hefty items like bricks or concrete?
- Total Volume – Approximately how much debris do you need to dispose of? One cubic yard is equivalent to roughly five or six 13-gallon trash bags. Get a rough estimate of the amount of debris you have to identify the appropriate dumpster size.
- Total Weight – If you are dealing with heavy items like tree stumps and asphalt shingles, be sure to choose a dumpster with a total weight volume that can accommodate it safely.
- Delivery Location – Roll-off dumpsters can be placed on the street or in a driveway. However, if you have a very tight space, you may be limited to smaller dumpsters.
Popular Dumpster Sizes By Project Type
You can zero in on the right dumpster size by considering the type of project you are doing. Some examples include the following:
- Home Cleanouts – If you’re cleaning out an entire house for an upcoming move, estate sale or spring cleaning, a 15-yard or 20-yard dumpster should work.
- Remodeling Projects – For major home renovations and remodeling projects, it’s wise to choose a dumpster with higher walls for bulky items. A 30-yard dumpster should do the trick.
- Roofing Projects – If you’re a contractor installing new roofing systems, a 10-yard or 20-yard dumpster should be sufficient for heavy materials like slate and asphalt shingles.
- Construction Projects – Construction contractors typically opt for 30-yard or 40-yard dumpsters, which can accommodate huge volumes of bulky, heavy items.
- Landscaping Project – A 10-yard or 20-yard dumpster should suffice for a typical home landscape project. Since you’ll probably be disposing of dirt, stumps and other heavy items, you’ll want a 10-yard dumpster at a minimum.
- Heavy Debris – If you have a small amount of trash, but it consists of heavy items like concrete, a 10-yard dumpster should work.
Need to Rent a Roll Off Dumpster? Rumpke Can Help
If you want to rent a roll-off dumpster in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana or West Virginia for your home
, Rumpke has you covered with flat-rate weekly and monthly rentals. Unlike with many dumpster rental companies, our prices include drop-off and pickup. Our dumpsters can accommodate all manner of non-hazardous waste, including the following:
- yard waste
- construction debris
- roofing debris
- hardware and fixtures
- carpeting and other flooring
If you are getting ready for an estate cleanout, spring cleaning work, remodeling project or move, or if you require junk removal for your business, do yourself a favor and rent a roll-off dumpster from Rumpke. Please call today for a free quote.