For nearly 90 years, our family business has been protecting the health and safety of the communities by providing sound environmental collection and disposal.
Now more than ever, our team is needed to help combat the spread of illness. We are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our team members as well as our customers. There are steps you can also take to prevent the spread of disease.
What You Can Do:
- Bag all of your trash. This reduces employee exposure to items like used tissues and other personal hygiene products.
- Place trash at the curb the night before scheduled service.
- Wipe down your trash or recycling receptacle or hose it out periodically.
- Continue to place recycling in your bin loose. Ensure you only place the correct items in your recycling container.
- Make certain all recyclable bottles, jugs, and cans are empty and free of liquid.
- Remember items like trash bags and grocery bags, tissues, napkins and paper cups aren’t accepted.
- Properly dispose of medical sharps. Medical sharps used to administer medication to individuals or pets should be placed in a rigid plastic container, clearly marked “Sharps”, sealed shut and placed in trash.
- We are experiencing higher call volumes at this time. If you have a question, please consider contacting Rumpke Customer Service via email at Rumpke.com or through Facebook private message.
What We are Doing:
- We are closely monitoring the rapidly changing public health environment and following sanitary protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as OSHA.
- Employees have been instructed to follow CDC recommendations regarding proper hand washing and sanitization.
- Our safety team is reinforcing that field employees including drivers, landfill and recycling team members continue to wear required personal protective equipment, including gloves and protective eyewear.
- Inside of our facilities, we have elevated our cleaning procedures, reinforcing cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- We have requested office personnel limit travel and conduct meetings virtually.
- We have suspended public tours of Rumpke sites as well as participation in public events through the end of April.
Our commitment is to people – our employees and customers come first. Removing waste is essential to the health and wellness of our society, and we will continue to do everything we can to keep our employees and communities safe. We will continue to update you as more information becomes available. Right now, we ask for your patience and understanding as we all work together to get through this.
To our employees, to our customers, to our healthcare workers and first responders - Thank you.